PLATELET RICH PLASMA THERAPY (PRP)
When we age, our body’s ability to produce collagen and maintain hydration diminishes. Non-invasive treatments like Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy have risen in popularity due to the natural result and minimal downtime.
Using PRP Therapy as an anti-aging treatment is highly effective. This completely natural therapy uses your blood, which is extracted and enriched (with no chemicals or additives) in an easy and comfortable process. The secret of this regenerative medicine lies in increasing the healing factors your body naturally creates in the form of PRP. When injected below the skin, it activates the body’s own repair system on the cellular level to regenerate itself more efficiently.
Platelets contain important growth factors that are responsible for the body’s natural regeneration response. PRP is especially effective in the repair of damage due to aging and injury through these processes:
- tissue regeneration and rejuvenation
- increasing collagen production
- recruiting other cells to the site of injury to assist with healing
- initiating blood vessel growth
- inducing cell differentiation which means that all the different cells required for rejuvenation are stimulated
- bone mineralization i.e. making healthier bones
- extra cellular matrix formation – this is the connective tissue that holds everything together and gives it shape and form
- tissue adhesion especially in skin flaps, bone grafts and trauma. This means tissues stick together giving it strength.
- Reducing fine to deep wrinkles
- Undereye troughs, bags and dark circles
- Skin volume and lifting
- Cheek and lip volume
- Hair re-growth
- Sports injuries